The Georgia Association of Nurses in Long Term Care (GANLTC) is a GHCA affiliate organization comprised of RN's and LPN’s within GHCA nursing centers. The purpose of GANLTC is to:
- Maintain an effective means of communication to foster new ideas and trends in administering nursing care to residents in long term and post-acute care centers.
- Understand current guidelines regarding nursing services in long term and post-acute care centers and develop uniform interpretation and execution of such guidelines among long term care personnel and regulatory agencies.
- Protect and promote the responsibility of long term care nursing.
- Establish and maintain a recruitment program for the geriatric nursing field.
- Advance quality of care in geriatric nursing while promoting each resident’s quality of life.
- Improve the ideas and performance of long term and post acute nursing specialty through continuing education; contributions to geriatric resources through publications; and research to support evidence-based practice.
- Establish and maintain active liaison with other health-related professional organizations in the geriatric field.
Click here for a GANLTC Membership Brochure.
- GANLTC membership is open to all RN's and LPN’s within the nursing facility. Individual annual membership dues are $10.00 and may be paid either by the individual or the center of employment.
- Associate Membership annual dues are $24.00 and are subject to board approval. Associate Members must be a Registered Nurse and are entitled to attend all council meetings, RN and LPN workshops, annual and mid-year meetings but without voting power. Associate Members cannot hold elected office.
- Retired Membership dues are $5.00.
Associate and Retired Members are entitled to attend all council meetings, RN and LPN workshops, annual and mid-year meetings, can serve on committees but may not hold office.
Click here for a printable GANLTC membership application.
Save the Date: GANLTC Annual Meeting, September 18 -22, 2017 at Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa in Young Harris, GA. More information coming soon!
- GANLTC Constitution & Bylaws
- Workforce Development Flyer
- 2017 GANLTC Annual Meeting Handouts:
- Dr. Earl Suttle - How to Reach Your True Potential
- Dr. Joel Kirson - Guidelines for Antipsychotic Medications
- Ellen Strunk - Value Based Purchasing & Quality Reporting
- Jack York - It's Never 2 Late
- LaKeisha Porter - CIVIL MONEY PENALTY (CMP) FUNDS & GEORGIA’S CMP GRANT PROGRAM
- Mark Pavlovich - The ABCs of Behavior Management
- Melissa Mitchell - Infection Control and Prevention Program
- Melody Brown - QAPI
- Pam Clayton - GANLTC RoP Education
- Roxanne Galloway - Abuse & Grievance
- Sarah Rudow - Preparing for the New Survey Process and Requirements of Participation Phase 2
- Scott Edens - High Altitude Leadership