The Georgia Association of Nurses in Long Term Care (GANLTC) is a GHCA affiliate organization comprised of RN's and LPN’s within GHCA nursing centers. The purpose of GANLTC is to:
- Maintain an effective means of communication to foster new ideas and trends in administering nursing care to residents in long term and post-acute care centers.
- Understand current guidelines regarding nursing services in long term and post-acute care centers and develop uniform interpretation and execution of such guidelines among long term care personnel and regulatory agencies.
- Protect and promote the responsibility of long term care nursing.
- Establish and maintain a recruitment program for the geriatric nursing field.
- Advance quality of care in geriatric nursing while promoting each resident’s quality of life.
- Improve the ideas and performance of long term and post acute nursing specialty through continuing education; contributions to geriatric resources through publications; and research to support evidence-based practice.
- Establish and maintain active liaison with other health-related professional organizations in the geriatric field.
Click here for a GANLTC Membership Brochure.
- GANLTC membership is open to all RN's and LPN’s within the nursing facility. Individual annual membership dues are $10.00 and may be paid either by the individual or the center of employment.
- Associate Membership annual dues are $24.00 and are subject to board approval. Associate Members must be a Registered Nurse and are entitled to attend all council meetings, RN and LPN workshops, annual and mid-year meetings but without voting power. Associate Members cannot hold elected office.
- Retired Membership dues are $5.00.
Associate and Retired Members are entitled to attend all council meetings, RN and LPN workshops, annual and mid-year meetings, can serve on committees but may not hold office.
Click here for a printable GANLTC membership application.