RN - MDS Coordinator
The MDS Coordinator functions as a team member with overall responsibilities to coordinate and oversee the MDS and resident care process to ensure compliance with state and federal requirements, to certify completion, to ensure adequate reimbursement for care rendered while embracing the facility philosophy and meeting the Mission statement of the Center.
The MDS Coordinator is a member of the interdisciplinary team that includes families and other health care professionals that assess and develop strategies for improving or maintaining the highest practicable level of well being for the resident.
* This position does participate in Nursing Administration call rotation once every four weeks.*
Major Duties and Responsibilities
1. Schedule or oversee scheduling of all resident assessments to ensure timeliness.
2. Coordinate and oversee all functions of the MDS assessment process to ensure compliance with State and Federal requirements.
3. Complete all assessments, care plans as outlined in the RAI Manual to ensure compliance with state and federal requirements.
4. Participate in admission or pre-admission to determine appropriate level of care for proper reimbursement.
5. Participate in family meeting on admit as needed.
6. Track resident level of care changes to assure timely submission of start of therapy, hospice, or significant change in condition.
7. Review all MDS assessments and related forms to certify timely completion by self and or team members, where appropriate.
8. Review reports of timely completion of assessments and care plans and take any follow up actions as necessary to ensure continuity of care.
9. Update CMS reports such as CMS 672 and CMS 802 to reflect accurate resident conditions.
10. Analyze Quality Data to help address resident care concerns, assist with Quality Data reporting.
11. Conduct and or participate in interdisciplinary team meetings.
12. Participate in Triple check monthly.
13. Participate in interdisciplinary team care plan meetings which also includes the family, and where possible the charge nurse and CNA caregiver.
14. Complete and or update assessments such as Braden, Pain, Fall Risk, Urinary/bowel elimination, AIMS, Side Rail, Elopement, Lifts as necessary.
15. Update Care Plans and or Resident Caretracker profiles as needed to reflect true resident care needs and/or changes.
16. Observe Facility Infection Control Procedures
17. Observe all facility Safety Standards
18. Consistently work with Administration, nursing services, physicians, residents, families and consultants.
19. Attend weekly Risk Management Meetings as time permits or as needs arise.
20. Assist with completion of POFs monthly as time permits.
21. Observe all facility Best Practices.
22. Observe all resident rights.
23. Report any violations of resident rights or Best Practices to immediate supervisor.
24. Take Call on rotating weekends and or holidays as needed.
25. Assist with covering charge nurse positions during times of need; rotating schedule.
26. Other tasks as assigned by Director of Nursing, Assistant Director of Nursing or Executive Director.