RN- 3rd Shift
Delegated responsibility and accountability for the provision of resident care according to professional standards of nursing practice in compliance with state and federal laws and regulations. Implements nursing policies and procedures that reflect facility mission and philosophy. Conducts education, infection control, quality assurance and admission screening functions as assigned. Utilizes resources in as efficient and economic manner to ensure that each resident achieves the highest practicable physical, mental and psychosocial well-being.
1. Provides care ensuring patient/resident safety
2. Develops and maintains nursing policies and procedures that reflect current standards of nursing practice and facility philosophy of care consistent with state and federal laws and regulations and communicates to the nursing staff
3. Establishes and implements infection control program designed to provide a safe, sanitary and comfortable environment and to prevent the development and transmission of disease and infection.
4. Conducts staff training and monitors performance particularly for proper hand washing, isolation techniques and universal precautions.
5. Develops and directs facility orientation and training for new partners including general orientation, facility policies, procedures, philosophy of care and regulations that govern long term care.
6. Develops and conducts in-service education programs for facility staff consistent with staff needs and in compliance with state and federal regulations.
7. Includes training for individuals providing nursing or nursing related services to residents with cognitive impairments, infection control, workplace safety issues, state law concerning advance directives and health care proxies, long-term survey training, safe medical device reporting requirements.
8. Screens prospective admissions for level of care, anticipated needs and length of stay, presence of mental illness or mental retardation as required by federal regulations
9. Audits clinical records for accuracy and completeness of comprehensive resident assessments, effective documentation reflecting resident responses to interventions and consistent implementation of plan of care by all staff and professionals, on all shifts
10. Takes immediate action to resolve staffing shortages as directed and notifies Director of Health Services in insufficient staff to meet resident needs
11. Supervises Certified Nurse Assistants
12. Gathers and analyzes facts, assesses situations, develops and implements appropriate actions to investigate, to notify appropriate parties, to resolve issues and to record facts properly, keeps Director of Health Services informed of findings and results.
13. Conducts quality assessment and assurance activities, including regulatory compliance rounds, in all departments to monitor performance and to continuously improve quality.
14. Develops program to gather and analyze data for trends and to institute actions to resolve problems promptly and evaluates effectiveness of actions.
15. Reports findings and makes recommendations to Quality Assessment and Assurance Committee.