Certified Nursing Assistants (CNAs)
Southeast Georgia Health System
Enjoy a rewarding career while living on the Coast!
Certified Nursing Assistants (CNAs) - Senior Care Center
- Brunswick, Georgia -
• Full-Time and PRN positions are available
Southeast Georgia Health System has current opportunities for Certified Nursing Assistants (CNAs) to join our SCC-Brunswick team!
This position requires candidate to live in the Brunswick, Georgia service area
Southeast Georgia Health System has opportunities for Certified Nursing Assistants (CNAs) to join our medical team! Responsible to assist patients/residents with activities of daily living, provide basic care, and assist in the maintenance of a safe and clean environment under the supervision of licensed nursing staff. All team members of Southeast Georgia Health System will promote a culture of safety, follow established policies, and adhere to all state and federal regulatory requirements, Joint Commission requirements, and national patient safety standards.
Additional responsibilities include:
• Contributes to patient/resident data base by collecting and documenting assessment information such as height, weight, allergies, vital signs, and intake and output measurements. Prepares patient/resident rooms (beds and equipment) for receiving admissions, returning patients/residents, transfers, or discharges. Assists in and accompanies patients/residents in the admission, transfer, and discharge procedures. Always correctly identifies patient/resident by name for any direct care procedures and treatments or diet.
• Provides general patient/resident care such as morning care, which may include bed bath, oral hygiene, combing hair, dressing patient/resident, evening care, back rubs, changing bed linen, cleaning over-bed table and bedside stand, straightening room, and other general care as necessary throughout the shift. Provides for patient/resident privacy, at all times; closes room door and cubicle curtains for all procedures.
• Prepares patient/resident for meals, and assists with meals or feeds patients/residents. Distributes drinking water, ice, and other nourishments to patients/residents as ordered.
• Reports any changes observed in condition or behavior of patients/residents in a timely manner.
• Responds promptly to patient/resident needs and call lights (whether that of assigned patient/resident or not), and checks on patients/residents regularly between tasks.
• Provides for patient/resident safety through preventative measures (bed controls, nurse/patient communication system, side rails, and patient/resident education).
• Collects and transports specimens as ordered or requested.
• Performs other duties as assigned.