Assistant Director of Nursing- $1000 Sign-on Bonus!!!
Assist the Director of Health Services in planning, organizing, developing and directing the day- to-day functions of the Nursing Services Department in accordance with current federal, state, and local regulations governing our center, and as may be directed by the Administrator, the Medical Director, and/or the Director of Health Services to provide appropriate care.
1. Functions in leadership capacity in the absence of the DHS.
2. Develops, maintain and control staff schedules and assignments while adhering to budgeted PPD and staffing. Notifies the DHS of insufficient staffing to meet patient’s needs. Takes immediate action to resolve staffing shortage as directed.
3. Coordinate daily with the DHS to provide communication and stability to each wing/unit. Attend and contribute to care plan meetings when the care plan meeting involves a resident from the
Unit Manager’s Wing.
4. Must be able to promote and foster positive relationships with co-workers; maintain effective relationships with management staff, other partners, and the general public. Must have timely,
5. Implement partner relations practices necessary to establish a positive employer-partner relationship and promote a high level of partner morale and fosters an environment that creates and enhances teamwork.
6. Follow all company policies and procedures, state and federal laws and regulations, and is required to report violations to the appropriate supervisor.
7. Carry out all duties with a “Commitment to Caring” and in accordance with the company’s mission, vision, and philosophy.
8. Maintain confidentiality of company information. Demonstrate honesty and integrity at all times.
9. Able to respond to change productively and handle additional projects as assigned.
10. Able to carry out the duties and responsibilities of the position (with or without reasonable accommodation) without posing specific or current risk of substantial harm to the health and safety of self and others.
11. Conduct quality assessment and assurance activities, including regulatory compliance rounds, in all departments to monitor performance and to continuously improve quality. Develop and maintain a program to gather and analyze data for trends and to institute actions to resolve problems promptly.
Evaluate the effectiveness of the action to resolve identified trends and problems.
12. Report and make recommendations to Quality Assessment and Assurance Committee.
13. Assist Director of Health Services with preparation for long term care survey. Actively participate in long term care survey process by instructing staff in matters of conduct and disclosure, maintaining a presence at all times surveyors are on-site and directing the timely collection of information required by the survey team. Communicate concerns identified during the survey process with the DHS and Administrator.
14. Maintain current skills and knowledge through continuing education. Apply information to job responsibilities. Attend education to maintain current skills and increase clinical skills.
15. Audit clinical records for accuracy and completeness of comprehensive resident assessments, effective documentation reflecting resident responses to interventions and consistent implementation of plan of care by all staff and professionals, on all shifts.
16. Supervise floor staff including licensed nurses and certified nursing assistants.
17. Communicates with Physicians and physician extenders related to patient needs.
18. Attend meetings as directed to include but not limited to care plans, case mix and at-risk meetings.
19. Handles family/resident complaints and concerns per company policy
20. Conducts interviews with new nursing partners. Also, assist with nursing partner evaluations and disciplinary actions.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
• Participate in center/agency surveys (Licensure / JCAHO) and any subsequently required reports.
• Attend and participate in continuing educational programs to keep abreast of changes in your field as well as to maintain current license/certification, as required.
• Attend and participate in mandatory in-services.
• Honor patients/residents’ rights to fair and equitable treatment, self-determination, individuality, privacy, property and civil rights, including the right to wage complaints.
• Comply with corporate compliance program.
• Report job-related functions/tasks that involve occupational hazards including exposure to blood and body fluids and others as necessary.
• Follow established safety regulations, to include fire protection & prevention, smoking regulations, infection control, etc.
• Follow established safety procedures when performing tasks and/or working with equipment.
• Perform other related duties as necessary and as directed by supervisor.
• Customer service oriented.
• Able to relate to the ill, disabled, elderly, emotionally upset and at times with hostile people. Must be able to cope with the mental and emotional stress of this position. Must possess the ability to make decisions when circumstances warrant such action in a timely fashion. Must possess the ability to plan, organize, develop, implement and interpret the safety programs,
goals objectives, policies and procedures.