The Communications Specialist is responsible for the overall management and coordination of A.G. Rhodes’ communications and public relations activities, both external and internal. This position plans, develops and implements communications strategies and tactics to support the organization's mission to provide quality care to seniors. This position reports to the Chief Executive Officer.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Planning and Implementation
- Develops and executes communications plans to support programs, activities, events and initiatives across the organization.
- Plans PR strategies and implements activities to support development and fundraising efforts, the volunteer program, and employee relations.
- Responsible for communications-related policies and procedures such as the organization’s photo-use, media and social media policies.
- Maintains and updates crisis communications plan, and manages the communications-related activities during a crisis.
- Media Relations
- Serves as primary contact for members of the media, and as a spokesperson for the organization.
- Drafts and coordinates responses to media inquiries, interviews and coordinates media visits.
- Facilitates media training.
- Writes and distributes press releases.
- Proactively pitches members of the media with story ideas.
- Communications Collateral
- Writes, edits and coordinates the design and production of communications materials such as brochures, fact sheets, annual reports, videos and other promotional materials.
- Supports marketing efforts and coordinates with the admissions departments to create and provide collateral for admissions and tour packets.
- Writes talking points and key messages for use with various audiences, both internal and external.
- Develops and distributes e-newsletter, and maintains distribution list.
- Oversees advertising efforts and creates and/or coordinates design and creation of ads.
- Takes photos.
- Website, Social Media and Digital Marketing
- Maintains and creates content for the organization’s website, and uses content management system to frequently update the site.
- Manages organization’s social media channels, and plans, develops and implements social media strategies.
- Directs digital marketing activities such as Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Search Engine Marketing (SEM), social media marketing, and other online brand-building efforts.
- Monitors online reputation and responds as necessary to reviews, social media comments, etc.
|Posting Start Date:
- At least a bachelor’s degree with a communications-related major from an accredited university.
- Five years of experience in a communications-related role preferred.
- Strong problem-solving and leadership skills.
- Ability to take initiative.
- Ability to interact with people of all ages and cultural backgrounds.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent computer skills, including ability to use or learn website content management systems.
- Basic photography skills.
- Basic design skills (Adobe Creative Suite, Canva)
- Basic video-editing skills
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment and meet quick turn-around deadlines.
- Ability to work flexible hours, and work onsite at the A.G. Rhodes’ three, metro-Atlanta locations.
||This listing expires on: 4/22/2021