Under minimal supervision, assumes responsibility for the direction of all activities of the pharmacy and fulfillment of administrative functions within federal, state, and local standards, guidelines and regulations and within the mission of the corporation. Translates policies and procedures into daily operation of the pharmacy and supervises pharmacy staff. Provides direction and advice to health professionals as a highly specialized practitioner. Builds relationships with LTC healthcare center administrative teams to proactively address pharmacy needs. Relocation available.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS, DUTIES, AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Skills in organizing resources and establishing priorities that accurately reflect relative importance of job responsibilities.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
• Skill in examining and redesigning operations and procedures, formulating policy, developing and implementing new procedures.
• Capacity to lead others to understand and accept the mission and values of the organization and to lead others to adapt in response to changing business conditions.
• Analytical skills related to interpreting, preparing and analyzing budget and financial data.
• Ability to work and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
• Coordinates pharmacy activities, operations, and clinical services.
• Assures ongoing development and implementation of policies and procedures that guide and support the provision of pharmacy services.
• Supervises professional and support staff.
• Monitors effectiveness of management practices and productivity indicators using data such as absenteeism, budget variance, customer and partner satisfaction surveys.
• Develops on-going relationships with Administrators and Directors of Health Services of customer accounts.
• Prepares and submits reports as necessary to any department requesting such with the required time.
• Implements and maintains the quality control and performance improvement activities of the pharmacy.
• Is responsible for procurement, inventory control, distribution and storage of all medications.
• Selects and assigns staff. Identifies staff development and training needs and coordinates training and educational programs.
• Promotes and implements programs and procedures to provide clinically optimal and fiscally responsible pharmaceutical therapy.
• Prepare and submits reports as necessary to any department requesting such with the required time.
• Prepares and presents business reviews and action plans to customer accounts on regularly scheduled basis.