At Annandale Village you will serve adults with developmental disabilities and acquired brain injuries. When you work at Annandale, you make an immediate impact on these extraordinary adults.
If you love taking care of people, and helping others is a natural impulse-this is the job for you! We are looking to hire a dynamic MDS Coordinator to work at our 32 bed skilled nursing facility. This is a PRN position and only requires of 16 hours of work per week. You will also work with the interdisciplinary team to develop individual Plan of Care for each resident. In this role, you will oversee and coordinate the development and completion of the resident assessment (MDS) in accordance with current Federal and State rules, regulations, and guidelines that govern the resident assessment, including the implementation of CAAs and Triggers.
The duties and responsibilities of this position are, but not limited to:
- Acts as a liaison to the Administrator, DON, and others.
- Solid knowledge of MDS processes such as the Resident Assessment Instruments (RAI).
- Develop cumulative diagnosis records, assign ICD-10 codes, and list of admission diagnoses for face sheet. Maintains basic chart set up based on Medicare and Skilled Nursing rules and regulations. Update ICD-10 codes as indicated from Medicare meetings and MD progress notes.
- Assemble information from the Initial Nursing Assessment, resident interview, and clinical record review to complete the nursing portion of the MDS.
- Review the Care Area Protocols correlated with nursing issues and answer the questions as identified in the computer documentation system. Once all the questions have been answered complete narrative summaries of the information, indicating the decision whether or not to include the identified problem on the Plan of Care. Consult the CAA summary sheet and verify that all triggered CAAs and corresponding narrative summaries have been completed, dated, and signed by the appropriate disciplines.
You will also enjoy…
· Annandale Village is an AJC
Tops Places to Work Company!
· A competitive salary
· Excellent benefits that include generous paid time off, excellent health insurance options and a 403b retirement savings plan with company match
· And so much more!”
Annandale Village is a Drug Free Workplace and EOE
Since the beginning of the pandemic, the safety & security of the individuals we serve and our staff has been of the utmost importance to us. Annandale Village follows stringent protocols which comply with the CDC, & our local public health guidelines.