Medical Director - Attending Physician
Provides direct patient care and direct supervision of non-physician practitioners in specifically-assigned centers and within the patient care on-call rotation of the primary care organization. Provides services as Medical Director to specifically-assigned centers in accordance with the provisions of the Medical Director contract between the center and the primary care organization. Position requires licensure as a Medical Doctor (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathy (DO) and certification as a Certified Medical Director (AMDCP) or active application status.
Essential Skill/Knowledge Functions
- Medically manage a defined caseload of geriatric patients in skilled nursing centers, assisted living or personal care centers, home health, hospice, or community settings.
- Make periodic, pertinent patient visits to the center or other site of care.
- Provide appropriate, timely medical orders.
- Provide appropriate, timely and pertinent documentation and assessments.
- Communicate with patients and/or responsible parties appropriately and in a timely manner.
- Committed to service to the patient, the community, and the mission and vision of Community Primary Care and Community Health Services.
- Manage medical staff relationships with nursing, patients, and families.
- Develop a close and collegial relationship with all physicians and non-physician practitioners.
- Participate in physician led, evidence based, high quality, patient centered care initiatives, quality measures, and/or clinical practice guidelines.
- Maintain effective inter-departmental and inter-organizational communication to provide positive working relationships.
- Comply with established budget restraints.
- Maintain appropriate supplies and equipment necessary to perform job and in accordance with established departmental budget.
- Support new information technology systems with an emphasis on electronic medical record system compatible with organization systems.
Essential Administrative Functions
- Participate in organization surveys and any subsequently required reports.
- Supervise and assist non-physician practitioners participating in patient care assignments and duties within the laws, rules, regulations, and guidelines of Georgia laws, the Composite Medical Board, the Georgia Board of Nursing, and the organization.
- Attend and participate in continuing educational programs to keep abreast of changes in professional field as well as to maintain current license/certification as required.
- Attend and participate in mandatory in-services
- Follow established safety procedures when performing job tasks and/or working with equipment.
- Honor patients’ rights to fair and equitable treatment, self-determination, individuality, privacy, property and civil rights.
- Comply with the Corporate Compliance Program
- Report job-related functions /tasks that involve occupational hazards including exposure to blood and body fluids and others as necessary.
- Follow established safety regulations to include fire protection/prevention, smoking regulations, infection control, etc.
- Perform other related duties as necessary and as directed by supervisor.
- Comply with all Privacy and Security, Adverse Event Response, and Disaster Security and Business Recovery programs.
EEO / M/ F/ D/ V/ Drug-Free Workplace
GA MedGroup has a COVID-19 vaccinated workforce. New Associates must provide proof of vaccination prior to hire date.
Medical Director - Attending Physician
|Posting Start Date:
- Board-certified or eligible in Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, Geriatric Medicine or geriatric certification or experience.
- Knowledge and compliance with rules and regulations governing medical care and payment for medical services.
- Knowledge and compliance with the procedural guidelines for the organization and its client centers.
||This listing expires on: 10/9/2023