Director of Nursing
The primary purpose of the job position is to plan, organize, develop, and direct the overall operation of the Nursing Services Department per current Federal, State, and local standards, guidelines, and regulations that govern this facility and as may be directed by the Administrator and the Medical Director, to ensure that the highest degree of quality care is always maintained.
Director of Nursing
|Medical Management Health & Rehab Center
|Starting 85K; Salary based on experience
|Posting Start Date:
| The following list of duties is not intended to be restrictive or all-inclusive. The fact that specific responsibilities may not be listed does not limit the performance of additional duties.
- Assist in preparing and administering the budget for the Nursing Department within the fiscal guidelines.
- Develop and maintain nursing care objectives and standards of nursing care practices for this facility in cooperation with the Assistant Director of Nursing.
- Plan, organize, and direct, in cooperation with the Assistant Director, effective administration of the nursing unit and patient care given based on the established goals and objectives, standards, policies, and procedures of this facility.
- Regularly inspect the facility and nursing practices for compliance with federal, state, and local standards and regulations.
- Assure residents of a comfortable, clean, orderly, and safe environment.
- Ensure adequate State and Federal coverage is provided for each shift.
- Lead the Medical Staff conferences in taking positive action to continually upgrade the quality of physical, social, emotional, and spiritual care given.
- Oversee the Employee Health Program in cooperation with the Medical Director and Staff Development.
- Assure proper handling and emergency care of residents, personnel, and visitors while on the job or in the building.
- Assist in developing Patient Care Plans for individual residents, including rehabilitative and restorative activities.
- Maintain required records. Review, update, and revise policies, including OBRA, OSHA, HIPPA, and QA procedures, to meet current objectives and State and Federal Standards.
- Attend Department Head meetings and coordinate activities of Nursing Service with other facility departments.
- Review Infection Control Reports, Medication Incident Reports, and Patient Incident Reports for corrective action.
- Develop and maintain nursing service objectives, standards of nursing practice, nursing policy and procedure manuals, written job descriptions for each level of nursing personnel, scheduling of rounds to see all residents, and methods for coordination of nursing services with other resident services.
- Organize, develop, and direct the administration and resident care of the nursing service department.
- Have the administrative authority, responsibility, and accountability for all functions, activities, and training of the nursing service department.
- Assume administrative responsibility for the facility in the absence of the Executive Director.
- Comply with, support, and enforce Company policies involving all safety and infection control procedures, including using mechanical lifts, gait belts, and personal protective wear.
- Understand, comply with, and promote all rules and regulations regarding residents’ rights; promote positive relationships with residents, visitors, and regulators, including presenting a professional appearance.
- Ensure medication administration is as ordered in accordance with nursing standards and facility policies.
- Monitor associate relations practices to ensure practices that maintain high morale and staff retention, including effective communication, prompt problem resolution, positive supervisory practices, and maintaining a positive work environment.
- To plan and implement nursing orientation, job skills training, and in-service education programs in accordance with company policies and regulations.
- Comply with other duties as assigned or needed.
|This listing expires on: 3/20/2024