Director of Nursing
- Directs, evaluates, and supervises patient care and initiates corrective action as necessary.
- Assesses patient care needs and the development of individualized plans of patient care.
- Assesses patient needs and making recommendations for special rehabilitation programs.
- Evaluates patient care as related to individualized patient needs, family involvement and the physician's plan of care for the patient
- Maintains effective lines of communication with attending physicians.
- Monitors physician services (documentation and visits etc.) in accordance with current regulations.
- Maintains knowledge of documentation procedures including appropriate use of forms, timelines, and Medicare documentation etc.
- Maintains a working knowledge of current licensure standards and the survey process.
- Conducts or provides that patient care conferences are conducted.
- Assesses patient responses to medication and treatment, and makes appropriate recommendations for nursing action to be implemented.
- Provides that medications, treatments, diets, rehabilitation and restorative care is provided to patients in accordance with physician’s orders and the patient’s individual needs.
- Directs and provides implementation of educational programs, quality assurance program and infection control program.
- Establishes open lines of communication with consultants and consistently takes follow up action on recommendations.
- Consistently makes recommendations of level of care determinations, based on physician’s documentation and plan of care.
- Coordinates the care planning/MDS process and committee meetings as necessary.
- Assesses equipment and supply needs and makes recommendations to Administrator.
- Develops relationships with community agencies providing services of benefit to the nursing center.
- Operates the nursing department in accordance with the organization’s established guidelines, and in compliance with federal, state, and local regulations.
- Demonstrates appropriate/effective supervisory skills that include fair and uniformly applied corrective actions administered without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, age, sex, religion, handicap or marital status.
- Attends and participates in continuing educational programs to keep abreast of changes in your field as well as to maintain current license/certification, as required.
Director of Nursing
||Oakview Health & Rehab
||$112k - $132k
|Posting Start Date:
To be considered for this opportunity applicants must:
- Be an RN with a nursing degree from an accredited college or university.
- Have leadership experience in long term care. Prior DON or ADON experience strongly preferred.
- Have excellent organizational and prioritizing skills
- Have effective and professional verbal, and written communication skills
- Be able to communicate well with other associates, patients, family members, and visitors providing warm and friendly greeting and an approachable attitude.
||This listing expires on: 2/12/2024