Director of Nursing
- Responsible for the overall operations of the nursing department. Organizes, directs, coordinates and administers the resident care services.
- Establishes objectives for the nursing department to maintain local, state, and federal and institutional standards of resident care.
- Interprets and implements administrative policies established by the governing Board of Baptist Village.
- Assists in preparing and administering the budget for the nursing department. Includes monthly review of budgetary expenditures, with strategic planning and research to minimize the costs while maintaining quality products and services.
- Directs, delegates, and assists the ADON and Nurse Supervisor’s in management of professional and ancillary nursing staff through written policies and procedures.
- Plans and conducts conferences and discussions with administrative and professional nursing staff to encourage participation in formulating departmental policies, procedures and objectives.
- Assist the ADON with coordinating activities for nursing areas to promote and maintain harmonious relationships among nursing staff, medical staff, residents, and the public.
- Assist in planning and directing Inservice Director in providing orientation and inservice training programs for professional and nonprofessional nursing staff.
- Analyze and evaluate nursing and related resident care services rendered to improve the quality of resident care and to plan better utilization of staff.
- Identify nursing service problems and assist in their solutions.
- Maintain a safe environment for residents.
- Investigate and report complaints or unusual occurrences to appropriate persons.
- Participate with the Admissions team in identifying candidates for admission by evaluating medical information, conducting a cost analysis and determining appropriate placement. Process should be thorough, timely and in conjunction with other decision makers as issues arise.
- Assist in the evaluation of work performance through observation, spot-checking work completed, and conferences.
- Promote staff development.
- Attend meetings of supervisory and administrative staff to discuss nursing operations and staff training needs and to formulate programs to improve these areas.
- Interpret nursing home policies and regulations to staff members, residents, families, visitors, and ensure compliance.
- Participate in the Quality Assurance Performance Improvement program.
- Work directly with MDS Coordinators and team to understand needs, processes, rules/regulations, quality of care needs, documentation needs, and the financial impact. Assist MDS Coordinators in dealing with staff to meet MDS and care plan demands and care needs of the residents.
- Attend inservice education classes as required and obtain required number of hours per year.
- Maintain infection control standards.
- Assume responsibilities delegated by the Administrator.
- Maintain a working relationship with Corporate Representatives through sharing information, seeking counsel when needed, and accepting delegated responsibilities.
- Interview and recommend appointments of nursing staff as needed. Work with the HR department in securing the highest, best qualified and upstanding individuals possible.
- Pursues a continuing program of formal and informal education in nursing, administrative and management areas to maintain, strengthen and broaden his/her concepts and philosophy.
- Participate in Nursing Home Associations and/or professional activities which help define and improve the delivery of health care services.
- Prepare reports for and attend meetings with the governing body regarding resident care activities and governmental developments which affect resident care.
- Organize and follow through on innovations and transitional projects.
- The associate is authorized to have unlimited access to resident health information as needed to provide treatment, for billing purposes, or the purpose of healthcare operations.
Director of Nursing
|Posting Start Date:
- Graduation from an accredited school of nursing
- Current R.N. licensure by Georgia State Board of Nursing
- Experience in a supervisory capacity with demonstrated executive ability and leadership
- Available to work holidays and weekends as work demands
||This listing expires on: 3/6/2022