The Lodge at Bethany is currently accepting applications for a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) or a Registered Nurse (RN). We are seeking skilled, compassionate individuals to join our Community. This position requires that the individual is either a LPN or an RN. The Lodge at Bethany currently has a RN that serves as the Director of Health Services (DHS), who will continue in place to assist in the development of a successor to the DHS position.
If you have experience and enjoy working with people who have dementia, note that experience on your application for consideration. We offer a working environment with a true sense of family and Community. As a member of our staff, you will be part of our dedicated team whose daily work is valued and truly appreciated by the Residents and Administration.
Position Description: LPN or RN
Employment Type: Full-Time
To provide quality nursing care to all Residents of the only non-profit, faith-based Assisted Living Community (ALC) in Statesboro, Bulloch County and surrounding counties. To learn and assume the responsibilities of the general oversight for healthcare needs as well as the medication services provided to both the Traditional and Memory Care Residents served. To lead and live out the Beliefs and Values of Bethany in the Invitation to Residents to become a part of a Community of Care.
The Lodge Responsibilities:
- Responsible for total nursing care of Residents.
- Interact with staff, Residents, Families, and Physicians as well as other healthcare providers in order to provide the general oversight of the medical care provided for each Resident, noting any changes in the Resident’s mental or physical condition and communicating that to the appropriate source to ensure quality of care.
- Oversee the administration of all medications according to established procedures and in a timely manner. This may include, but is not limited to:
- Ordering new mediations and refills in a timely manner.
- Maintaining all State requirements regarding medication administration.
- Keep Director of Health Services (DHS) and Administrator informed and updated regarding performance of personnel assigned to administer assistance to the Residents.
- Assume a leadership role and demonstrate direction and supervision for clinical staff as necessary in cooperation with DHS and Administrator.
- Interpret and demonstrate The Lodge at Bethany’s Beliefs and Values to staff, Residents, Families and the Community.
- Strive to gain confidence of staff, Residents, Families, and the Community by demonstrating a helpful attitude and ability to resolve issues as needed, while maintaining a pleasant, respectful, courteous demeanor, and encourage all staff to do the same.
- Demonstrate the ability to be accessible and productive in working with third party providers, including but not limited to, physicians, nurses, therapists, and pharmacies.
- Willing to assume all duties as assigned by DHS or Administrator.
Required Education and Experience:
- Assume accountability for State and Community policies and procedures and assume accountability for information contained in the current Employee Handbook.
- Perform all responsibilities with adherence to Resident’s Rights and HIPAA.
- Maintain professional appearance and conduct exhibiting a respectful and courteous demeanor at all times, including adhering to the dress code policy and guidelines.
- Participate in presentation and attendance in training opportunities and Care Plan meetings within the Community and outside the Community, evidencing a commitment to continuing education and working as a Team Member.
- Observe fiscal responsibility in the use of The Lodge resources and purchases made on behalf of The Lodge, including participation in the establishment and application of the budget for the Clinical department.
- Must demonstrate professionalism and clinical skills.
- Must have the ability and knowledge to act in a supervisory capacity.
- Must hold an active license by the state of Georgia and be in good standing with a current LPN or RN license.
- Must have five or more years of advanced level experience in the area of Resident/Patient care, with at least three or more years of advanced supervisory authority over staff.
- Must be in good physical health and capable to perform job duties.
- Must be CPR and First Aid certified.
- Current TB test
- Criminal Background Fingerprinting and Record Check requirements met according to State Law.
||The Lodge at Bethany
|Posting Start Date:
||This listing expires on: 11/23/2020