The Director of Financial Management is responsible for the supervision of the Centralization Teams, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Payroll, and General Ledger.
• Manages the development of accounting, accounts payable, and internal control policies.
• Responsible for related policy/system issues and change implementation.
• Ensures that company financial records are complete, accurate and maintained in compliance with company policies and US GAAP.
• Responsible for reviewing monthly/quarterly accounts and other documents to ensure this compliance.
• Collaboratively partner with other departments on all items and activities that impact the financial statements and operations.
• Manages Finance organization to effective/ timely close procedures, issuing periodic financial and operating reports.
• Manages the procedures and systems necessary to maintain proper records and to afford adequate accounting controls and services.
• Provides advice and guidance as necessary in preparing and analyzing financial reports and executing appropriate responsive actions.
• Key financial liaison to Company operations, interpreting financial results and addressing crucial issues.
• Ensures accurate information is provided on a timely basis and assists, as needed, in facilitating the efficient conduct of external audits, internal audits, examinations and related financial projects.
• Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to strengthen internal controls.
• Assesses current accounting operations, offering recommendations for improvement and implementing new processes.
• Grows and develops team by coaching, counseling, and appraising job results.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
• Must be proficient in the implementation of technology systems and accounting/finance procedures/processes
• Experience with PeopleSoft highly preferred.
• Experience using accounting software to perform journal entries and pull financial statements required.
• Advanced Excel and Microsoft office suite required.
• Accuracy & strong attention to detail.
• Superior analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Proven ability to work both independently and collaboratively with different levels of employees in a team environment.
• Strong organizational and planning skills.
• Advanced Accounting technical and pronouncement research.