NNHW "The Spirit of America" May 14-20, 2017
Every skilled nursing care center embodies a unique and vibrant spirit and community for residents, volunteers and staff alike. Acts of kindness, generosity and compassion from proud veterans, immigrants, and hardworking people of different faiths fill the walls of each center.
During National Nursing Home Week (NNHW), May 14- 20, 2017, skilled nursing care centers will unite under the theme, “The Spirit of America.” This theme underscores the bond between staff, volunteers and residents that capture the American spirit.
To celebrate, GHCA's Public Relations Committee will again host the NNHW Social Media Photo Contest. Help us showcase the wonderful things your center is doing to enrich the lives of those entrusted in your care by participating. See contest guidelines below.
GHCA Social Media Photo Contest Guidelines
- Capture photos of the activities/events being held at your facility during National Nursing Home Week May 14-20, 2017.
- Pick one (1) photo that you feel best showcases the fun your center's residents and staff had during the week. GHCA will only accept one photo per facility.
- Submit the chosen photo, a brief caption for the photo, and your center's name to email@example.com by 5:00 p.m. on Monday, May 22, 2017. Be sure you have permission from all individuals in the photo to share on social media. Photos will be posted on the GHCA Facebook page as we receive them.
- Visit GHCA's Facebook page and “Like” it if you have not already done so.
- “Like” your center's photo.
- Encourage everyone you know to “Like” the GHCA Facebook page and your center's photo.
- “Likes” will count towards the contest until 12:00 p.m. on Friday, May 26. At that point, GHCA will announce the winner.
The photo receiving the most “Likes” will be our 2017 NNHW Social Media Photo Contest Winner and will be recognized at the June Summer Convention.
Tip: Though you have until 5:00 p.m. on May 22 to submit your photo, the earlier the photo is submitted the more time you have to receive “Likes”.
AHCA Planning Guide
This week, AHCA released the 2017 National Nursing Home Week Planning Guide and Product Catalog online. Click here to view.
Over the next couple of weeks, hard copies will be mailed directly to AHCA member centers.