Nominate Outstanding Individuals for the 2018 GHCA/GCAL Leadership Excellence Awards
GHCA is now accepting nominations for the 2018 GHCA/GCAL Leadership Excellence Awards.
The awards are designed to recognize individuals that have demonstrated exceptional leadership and made outstanding contributions in the areas of public relations, communications, administration, quality, reimbursement, workforce development, and policy in long-term and post-acute care. This leadership is characterized by results of increased visibility of critical issues, creation of solutions to significant problems, and positive impacts on the overall quality of care in long term care.
The deadline to submit nominations for the 2018 Leadership Excellence Awards is January 25, 2019.
Award winners will be recognized during the Stars in Long Term Care Awards Ceremony at the 2019 GHCA/GCAL Winter Convention & Trade Show on February 12 at the Hotel at Avalon in Alpharetta.
Leadership in Public Confidence Award
- Nominee is a leader in promoting community confidence by building relationships and public trust.
- Nominee provides information to policy makers and organizes others with the purpose of advocating for post -acute and long term care.
- Nominee is a leader in improving health communication with older adults, residents and families by focusing on health literacy issues.
- Nominee has excelled in educating the public about post-acute and long term care through social media, traditional media, organizations and community outlets.
Leadership in Innovation Award
- Nominee is recognized as a catalyst for innovative approaches that have resulted in measurable improvements.
- Notably, these improvements may include decreasing turnover rates among nursing staff, the adoption of Core-Q, safe reduction of the number of hospitalizations and hospital readmissions, improve discharge back to the community, improve functional outcomes, and safely reduce the off-label use of antipsychotics.
- Nominee is recognized as a leader in applying systematic performance improvement models, such as Baldrige or QAPI, to achieve and sustain success.
Leadership Excellence Award
- Nominee has made contributions in administration that are worthy of statewide recognition.
- Nominee has made contributions to the quality of long term care in Georgia that are worthy of statewide and national recognition, including the Georgia Quality Initiative and the AHCA/NCAL National Quality Award Program
- Nominee is a leader in financial stewardship for long term care providers on the State and National level through involvement in the GHCA Reimbursement/Legislative Committees.