Looking to give back? Interested in earning extra money and helping those most in need? We want to hire YOU. We are looking for individuals who want to support our residents & who complement our hardworking and dedicated team. Don’t delay!
The Resident Care Specialist performs multiple care duties that contribute to the health, well- being and quality of life for the Residents of the facility.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Provides services and care for residents and patients.
· Assisting residents with activities of daily living such as transferring, turning and positioning, giving showers, dressing, grooming, feeding, toileting and ensuring residents are clean.
· Obtaining vital signs and weights and monitoring food and liquid intake.
· Delivering meal trays to residents, ensuring food is appropriate to the resident’s care plan, delivering alternate food selections when requested and providing a positive dining experience.
· Escorting residents to participate in therapy sessions and activities.
· Responding to resident and family needs respectfully and with a positive manner in all interactions.
· Making daily rounds on assigned residents in accordance within established guidelines.
· Accompanying residents with smoking privileges to designated smoking areas and supervising his or her smocking activity while there.
· Reporting data in resident records consistently, accurately and in a timely manner.
· Consistently and promptly reporting resident changes of condition.
· Complying with procedures for infection prevention including, but not limited to, hand washing, TB and Hepatitis B requirements and bloodborne pathogen regulations.
· Following safety rules and requirements including lift and transfer procedures, hazard communication, electrical safety, slips, trips and falls policies, use of personal protective equipment and elopement procedures. (Examples: Must safely operate mechanical lifts, sit stand lift, gate belt, and meal and line carts, adjust beds and use shower equipment and wheelchairs.
· Safely fulfilling all work assignments.
· Accepting assignments not part of his/her normal scheduled responsibility as needed.
· Safeguarding residents’’ protected health information.
· Providing other services such as cleaning wheelchairs and resident areas as assigned.
· Minimum high school diploma or equivalent, or related experience and / or training.
· Successful completion of State-approved Nursing Assistant Certification course or other education that meets state certification requirements.
· Contributing to a true team environment by cooperating and working well with co-workers.
· Completing education requirements on a timely basis.
· Complying with work rule policies and procedures as well as state and federal law
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $11.50 - $18.00 per hour